Executive Assistant, Finance and Administration
Our organization (http://www.parole-dexclues.ca) innovates in the fight against poverty and social exclusion, notably through its citizen mobilization, collective action and development of the power to act. Our actions of mobilization and accompaniment of citizen approaches are deployed in particular from community housing and through structuring projects aiming at a social and sustainable transformation.
The role of the Executive Assistant, Finance and Administration is to ensure the sound financial and administrative management of the organization, in support of the Executive Director and employees. He/she supervises the work of the accountant and has the mandate to support all operations by preparing annual budgets, tracking internal expenses and external revenues, and preparing reports to donors. On the administrative side, he/she manages suppliers and material resources in the three sites where Parole d'excluEs works, and provides support to employees as needed to facilitate their work. He/she works under the supervision of the Executive Director and participates in the Coordination Committee.
- Prepares annual and project budgets; conducts budget tracking and revises budgets as necessary; tracks expenditures and revenues in accordance with adopted budgets
- Ensures the control, follow-up and approval process of expenses
- Supervises, supports and accompanies the accountant in her work
- Prepares the annual financial statements for the Board of Directors, the auditor and the funders; ensures the follow-up with the accounting firm and the auditor; carries out the follow-ups and the reporting for the different funders
- Ensures institutional follow-ups (Revenue Quebec, Canada Revenue Agency, Registraire des entreprises, CNESST etc...)
- Supports management in funding applications to donors; prepares budgets for funding applications
2. Administration and management of material resources
- The Assistant Director, Finance and Administration manages resources and operations in the following areas
- Leases, access and maintenance of premises (keys, alarm systems etc.)
- Insurance coverage for the three sites
- Materials and equipment for the gardens, sheds and outdoor spaces
- Orders, follow-up and payment of invoices from suppliers
- Computer and telephone systems and equipment and their support services
- Photocopiers and printers and their maintenance service on the three sites
3. Support to the executive management and employees
- Supports the general management in the financial and administrative aspects
- Accompanies and supports employees in the follow-up of their respective budgets
- Provides administrative and financial support to employees
- Provide support to employees in information technology (computers, software, etc.)
Requirements (training, skills, abilities):
- Excellent attention to detail and very good organizational skills;
- Versatility and strong problem solving skills;
- Autonomy and ability to work in a team environment;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and knowledge of another language an asset;
- Knowledge of SAGE/Simple Accounting ;
- Knowledge of Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Office 365.
Training and experience:
- Education in accounting, business administration, finance or related fields;
- At least 5 years of administrative management experience;
- Experience leading and supporting senior management;
In order to support the development of our action and our organization, we are looking for a person ready to take up a stimulating professional challenge in the heart of a dynamic work environment that favours personal autonomy, creativity, innovation, trust and transparency, while ensuring the achievement of expected results.
- Full-time job, 35 hours/week;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Requires occasional evening and weekend work;
- Salary between $35.11/hour and $38.38/hour, depending on experience;
- Annual vacation: 4 weeks after 1 year and 2 weeks during the holiday season;
- 10 days of sick leave and social leave;
- Full group insurance program after 3 months ;
- Main work location: Montreal-North ;
- Desired start date: beginning of June 2023
Deadline to apply: May 22, 2023
How to apply:
Deadline to apply: May 22, 2023
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, along with a letter of motivation email@example.com .
Only successful applicants will be contacted.References will be required upon request.
Parole d’excluEs subscribes to the principle of equal access to employment and encourages persons belonging to a discriminated group (for example, culturally diverse persons, persons living with functional limitations, aboriginal persons, etc.) to apply and to emphasize their membership in their application. We recognize diplomas and experience acquired abroad. The masculine generic is used in this text only in order to lighten the form and facilitate the reading.